Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goings On

Aha! I leave for my site in two days! Also, tomorrow is swearing-in where I will officially become a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV). I killed a chicken this morning while my host brother killed another one right beside me. There are for my going away dinner tomorrow night. As my homestay comes to an end, I've definitely learned a lot about being in Ghana and living as Ghanaians do. After managing to fit everything into one bag to take back to my site, I just have to travel by myself via tro-tros to Saviefe Gbogame. I'm glad training is about to end, I'm ready to get into my community, make new friends, and start off two years Peace Corps.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Mike!!! Do you feel any different now that you are an official representative of the United States? :)

    I hope you get settled in to your new home well and begin to enjoy it all! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming they'll have broadband connectivity there, so you'll keep up the stream of real-time postings, right?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete