Thursday, March 1, 2012

FSOT Success!

I received the results from the FSOT back: I needed a 154 to pass and go to the next stage, and I scored a 165 - though to be honest it is unclear what the actual high could be. So on to the next stage - personal narratives. A few happenings:
1. We had a camp for Junior High School girls recently at Hohoe, so I took four girls from my school to participate.
2. I took another set of students to Ho for skyping with American students and internet usage.
3. The 6th of March (Ghanaian Independence Day) is approaching, so all of the teachers and students are travelling to neighboring Gbedome for celebrations. Additionally, all students are marching around in military formations on a field.
4. I asked my Rasta friend in the town how people lived before electricity (incidentally the lights went out yesterday morning and never came back on), and he said from kerosene lamps, candles, and the moon (but only "when the moon is working" - I thought the phrase made the moon seem like a car that sometimes starts up, but not always)
Thats all for now, but the weather is getting hot! I went to sleep at 11pm last night (extremely late!!) because before then it was too hot in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment